Jeff took off the top layer of flooring in the kitchen and then put plywood over these not so sturdy boards
Jeff's dad came and helped put up the upper cabinets--it looks like a kitchen now! (This color is the same color as the hallways and kids' bedrooms--I love it!)
Jeff also ripped out three layers of flooring in the downstairs bath, down the floor joists. It was a NASTY job!
Then since they had no insulation under the bathroom at all, he insulated....might I add very well. He said I'll appreciate this come winter when my hiney doesn't freeze to the toilet :D
Then he put down a nice floor of boards and will be putting plywood over that tonight.
Did I mention how hard Jeff was working? He also took out the vinyl from the back hallway and tore out part of the floor here to make it more level. Our new flooring came in yesterday and is to be installed Mon/Tues of next week!
After taking the carpet and padding out of the kids' rooms upstairs, we found these WONDERFUL original hardwoods. We're going to do the house a disservice but we're putting carpet down over them.
Noah's room had lots of peeling paint and also the ceiling was peeling, so 2 or 3 days of scraping later and two of the walls and most of the ceiling are paint free and Noah's room looks like we still have lots of work!
Here is Emma's freshly painted room with those beautiful hardwoods again.
We painted the bathroom a nice chocolate brown. We're going to put up wainscoting on one of the walls. I can't wait to see what it looks with accessories and fixtures because it's a little overwhelming right now!
The Master bedroom *it's not really very Masterish* received new paint too. After the paint was on and it was dark teal, I felt like I should be at a hunting cabin. I was really looking for something more soothing.
So we went for more paint and found a nice gray blue green *this picture doesn't do the color justice* The new color is exactly what I was looking for and I love it!
We ordered our appliances this week! We'll be scraping, texturing, painting and cleaning up this weekend. The flooring is going down next week as well as the bottom kitchen cabinets and then the plumber comes. We have to have an inspection done for our loan and we're move in ready! (I really hope I'm not missing a few steps)
Great pictures - they really capture the essence of the hard work that has been done! Good Job Jeff and Beth!!
ReplyDelete