Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Our Drama Queen :)

Emma is making her entrance into the world a lot different than we envisioned, but I really think God is working good in all of this. Yesterday, we at our appointment I was measuring 30 weeks and we're at 35.5. Overall my health is fine. I've gained 20+ lbs so far and my blood pressure was fine. The doc decided to go ahead and have the ultrasound....we found out that my amniotic fluid is low and that something is wrong with the placenta. Basically its not able to provide Emma with all she needs, so is sending all the nutrients to her head *which is measuring right on time* and not as much to her body * which is about 2 weeks behind* We're right on the border of this being a bad thing. I did a non stress test and Emma was the picture of perfection in that so she's ok overall. From now on I have to go to the doctor twice a week, do a nonstress test each time and possibly get an ultrasound each time. I've been told to drink a lot of fluid and lay on my side as much as possible and don't do anything else. Luckily Noah can play trucks and watch movies for hours....which i can do on my side. Right now the goal is to make it to 37 weeks which is around the 20th of August. Jeff and I have been having some discussions on roles in our household and how much I don't let him lead....which is true and causes lots of problems....This may be God breaking me and getting us to a point where I don't have a choice but to let Him and Jeff lead our household....plus I get to read a lot more:)This is going to be a learning process for each of us, so pray for strength and patience and obedience.

1 comment:

  1. Not only praying for strength and patience and obedience, but also for leadership. It is not always easy to be a good strong leader. Even some of the best men need help. Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete