Every Tuesday and Thursday morning, Noah has summer camp. This is set up through the Y and the Special Olympics Young Athletes. We've met a lot of kids of different abilities and there are a lot of little boys there that are Noah's age. Noah has a blast and is learning a lot of new songs and actions and becoming more independent. One of the little girls that comes is pretty low functioning--I'm not sure what exactly it is. When they were trying to help her walk, Noah went and held her hand and helped--he has this deep seated compassion that Jeff and I think is really neat. This same little girl cries a lot (more as vocalizing I think) and it really bothers Noah when it happens. With this compassion comes his all boyness....he sees the other boys falling down and knocking things over and he gets a bit mischievous and joins in. We're having a really good time and it tires him out which is GREAT! I'm glad he has this opportunity to witness different abilities and different disabilities and is learning to interact with all the kids that come.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Noah Summer Camp
Every Tuesday and Thursday morning, Noah has summer camp. This is set up through the Y and the Special Olympics Young Athletes. We've met a lot of kids of different abilities and there are a lot of little boys there that are Noah's age. Noah has a blast and is learning a lot of new songs and actions and becoming more independent. One of the little girls that comes is pretty low functioning--I'm not sure what exactly it is. When they were trying to help her walk, Noah went and held her hand and helped--he has this deep seated compassion that Jeff and I think is really neat. This same little girl cries a lot (more as vocalizing I think) and it really bothers Noah when it happens. With this compassion comes his all boyness....he sees the other boys falling down and knocking things over and he gets a bit mischievous and joins in. We're having a really good time and it tires him out which is GREAT! I'm glad he has this opportunity to witness different abilities and different disabilities and is learning to interact with all the kids that come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW! What a fun day!!!
ReplyDelete