This past weekend we did a little road trip--all to bring this beauty back home.
We drove to Ida Grove, Ia to get *her* back. Ida Grove is in the middle of NOWHERE Iowa, but has a really neat history. There are castle structures everywhere, and even a 1/5th scale of the HMS Bounty.
We carried on from Ida Grove to Le Mars--home of Blue Bunny. Jeff and I visited once before and thought the kids would enjoy it. We were disappointed to say the least. They changed the tour and museum, but we(the kids) perked up for ice cream!!
We continued even further west to Sioux City, where we stopped at the Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center. This is such a great interactive nature center. We got to play for a while and walk a couple of trails. Then the must stop for Sioux City--Chick-Fil-A!
Sioux City has a couple of really neat museums that we weren't able to go to because of trying to get back safely in the ice and snow. Jeff and I stayed in Sioux City for a weekend a couple of years ago and city has such a history. We'll be taking the kids back in the future.
I can't tell you how happy Jeff is to have his guitar back...
and my boys are back playing together again.
Noah sayings during the trip
Noah: Hey Mama, I feel 14.
Jeff: Why is that?
Noah: I'm just so big.
Saturday morning, Noah was super excited to eat waffles at the hotel. He was up at 5:30 and eventually was coaxed back to sleep. He got up at 7:00, unpacked everyone's clothes and handed them out. He hands my bra to me and says here mama there's your tank top to wear.


No comments:
Post a Comment