The title of this blog is also the title of one of my favorite Christian songs. It's a song that I sing/play in the good times and bad. It's a song that is uplifting and a praise straight from my heart. Life consistantly has hard times and good times, but I want to say to God EVERY DAY---Blessed be Your name!
We've been so blessed to find our home, a great neighborhood, great friends, and an amazing church. I always knew that once we found a church home that I would be able to fully put down roots and we've begun doing just that. Our church is nothing like the church I grew up in, but the very things we want in a church. We've begun relationships with people that are like family already. We have a great support system and our neighborhood is full of people from church. Our neighbors have embraced us and Noah has made buddies with two boys around here.
We're part of a small group studying Andy Stanley's guardrails, a monthly dinner group, I'm a hostess at church two afternoons a week, and found a part time job through VBS. I was an assistant teacher at VBS which gave Jeff some awesome Daddy time with the kids. Jeff has made great friends and helped out with a few Lend-A-Hands and our new prayer trail.
We really love where we live and our community. There are so many family things to do within just a couple of blocks. Sure we still feel like we're in a desert sometimes, but God gives us shade! (Check out Cedarbrook's sermon series on Shade in the Desert).
It's nice to have friends to taste test food for you too :) And share their goodies with you!
Love you guys - love the post - and I have listened to some of Cedarbrooks messages, and they are all awesome!
ReplyDelete